Avoid Implantation Failure by Establishing The Best Day For Embryo Transfer
ERA is a patented novel diagnostic method to evaluate the endometrial receptivity status of a woman from a molecular point of view, leading to the correct time to transfer your embryo into your uterus.
An endometrium is receptive when it is ready for embryo implantation. This occurs at a specific time in each menstrual cycle of a fertile woman. This period of receptivity is what we call the window of implantation and it differs from one woman to another.
The lack of synchronisation between the embryo ready to be implanted and endometrial receptivity is on of the cause of recurring implantation failure. This is why it may be advisable to access the endometrium in order to determine the correct day for embryo transfer
The ERA test requires an endometrial biopsy which should be carried out 5 days after ovulation of a cycle or after starting Progesterone in a medicated cycle. The biopsy is quick and easy and is done by your gynaecologist. The ERA test analyses the expression levels of 236 genes linked to the status of endometrial receptivity, using RNA sequencing taken from the endometrial tissue.
Following the analysis, a specific computational predictor classifies the samples according to their expression profile as Receptive or Non-Receptive.
The result of the analysis determines whether or not the patient will be responsive to embryo implantation at the time of sampling.
If so, i.e. receptive, then the window of implantation is defined as the day on which the biopsy was taken, and the embryo is capable of implanting in the uterus during this period.
A state of non receptivity means that the window of implantation is displaced. In this case, the biopsy will be repeated according to the recommendation provided by the ERA predictor, which will give a new estimation of your personalised window of implantation. Once a displaced window of implantation is identified the embryo may successfully implant in a subsequent cycle in what we call a Personalised Embryo Transfer.
- Era identifies the window of implantation (WOI) and recommends the best time for embryo transfer, thereby increasing the chances of a successful outcome.
- The Era Test has been proven to be highly sensitive and accurate in detecting gene expression profiles associated with endometrial receptivity.
- ERA improved global pregnancy rate, up to 85%* in the personalized transfers made according to the test results.
Who is recommended for ERA?
- Women who have experienced implantation failures.
- Women with a morphologically normal uterus and normal endometrial thickness (≥ 6mm), but unable to conceive.
- Women who have very few embryos available for transfer and need to maximize their chances for each embryo.